In our recent social media posts, we took you through working as a GP locum in Ireland and the frequently asked questions about starting work here. In case you missed out please find below all the information.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to us about working as a GP locum in Ireland please contact us at:
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T: 00353 (0)1 5461076
Why work in Ireland?
- Stunning scenery
- Friendly people
- Rich culture and history
- Multicultural society
- Strong community spirit
Why locum work in Ireland?
- Locations available throughout the country
- Competitive rates of pay
- Work full time
- Or choose to work part-time
What do I need to work as a GP in Ireland?
- Irish Medical Council (IMC) registration
- Medical indemnity insurance
- GP/family doctor/emergency experience
- Personal Public Services Number (PPSN)
- Irish bank account
Frequently asked questions
1) How do I register with Woodston Personnel?
Registration is FREE. Phone or email us and we will be happy to discuss the opportunities available with you
2) How do I register with the IMC?
Registration is via their website www.medicalcouncil.ie
Don’t hesitate to contact us and we will talk you through the process and answer your questions
3) Do I need an English exam?
There is currently no requirement for registration with the IMC but after assessment by our team, if we feel you may need it, we will recommend an English language course.
4) What will my expenses be?
Other than the usual living expenses (travel/accommodation/food) there are 2 main expenses
- IMC registration and yearly retention
5) What can I expect to earn as a locum GP in Ireland?
Rates of pay are competitive. The amount you can earn depends on how many hours you would like to work each week/month. It is possible to earn up to approximately €180,000 annually.
6) What taxes will I pay?
How much tax you pay depends on your personal circumstances but as standard there are 2 rates of tax in Ireland – 20% and 40%
More information on the Irish tax system can be found at www.revenue.ie
7) I have more questions, what should I do?
Please contact us directly by phone or email and we will be happy to answer your questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
FREE downloadable information pack
Email us (email@example.com) with your contact details to obtain a FREE downloadable information pack containing all the information you need about living and working in Ireland as a GP locum.